Sign in to follow this  
Grampas garage

Old trucks like me

Hello from Ohio.my name is Rick and I've been building train models for 50 years. My trains now go in the backyard and are call G scale.They  are the reason for my interest in 1/24 and 1/25 trucks. My interest is old,rusted,worn out,well used trucks  and construction equipment and miscellaneous that has had a long hard life.  I'm not sure how I found this site, because at my age I am dangerous with the computer. I am taking lessons from a seven-year-old ( my grandson ) and I'm  learning a lot. I am teaching him about models and he is teaching me how to turn on the computer and find what I'm looking for. I have seen some great inspiration and fantastic modeling on the site. I have a lot to learn because their  are a few things that are different in building trains and building vehicles. I hope to learn a lot as I go on, and pass on what I can so others may learn. I've just discovered YouTube and I can say I blame the site for the lack of sleep last two nights, but I've enjoyed watching all of the truck builds and videos. The first thing I would like to do is learn how to put pictures on the site. I've been working on 5 trucks,2 dozers, and 1 Scratchbuilt,getting the parts  painted so I can start on  putting things together.  Because of my health issues I've run into, I will have  plenty of time to build models over the next eight months, because I am on a list for a double lung transplant. Since you don't  rest or sleep while in the hospital ( for six weeks ), I thought this would be a good time to learn the computer, and build models. I hope should be able to keep an eye on this group, keep me entertained while in the hospital. I guess that's it for now, Rick 

Nice to meet you sir, via internet of course. Never been into the train scene, but do appreciate the technique of weathering and look of well used equipment. I will be looking fwd to seeing your additions here. Take care!