Sign in to follow this  
41CHEVY

1935 MACK CH Heating Oil Delivery Truck 10/27 up date

Nice.  Will it have a tank on the back or a stake bed with barrels, etc?  I'm not sure how they delivered heating oil in the 30s.  I look forward to seeing this progress.  It looks like the type of model that just begs to be detailed-out.

An oval tank set up with hose reel, meter and bulk dump tubes. Tanker truck bodies go back to the early teens, This is the lay out but much earlier than my build.   Paul

index.jpg 

4 hours ago, plastic trucker said:

So are you using the Bedford tanker body, being that this is the Emhar frame?

Yes a fair bit of it, with parts for home oil delivery scratch built instead of the gas dumps. Mainly a hose reel set up, a meter and a rack for "lamp" oil cans and lastly full fenders with skirts. 

Got the modifications done to the chassis. Converted it to left hand drive, spare tire mount, shortened the tail end 3/8 inch, added MACK fuel tank and a battery box on the left.
The Tank is finished except for detail painting. Add racks on the right side for 5 gallon cans of Kerosene and oil. made the cans for Evergreen 1/2 square tube a piece of 030 for the top and a sliver of .100 rod for the caps. Added on the left a hose rack for the four dump hoses. Made a hose reel and meter for the right side. Now we need to make a fuel nozzle a pair of "drip buckets and a large "STOP" light for the center of the tank. The green came out 2 shades lighter in  the photo. It is actually called Dark Forest Green from ACE Hardware.    Paul

2v2uVTV9dxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki
2v2uVTVJ5xAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki
2v2uVTVajxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki
2v2uVTVbdxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki