yh70

Western Star Log Hauler

Here is my Western Star Re-builder that has been a pain for sometimes.. ..this is the 5th time i painted this truck as it was built in 1986 ..its old , still has brass photo etch heat shields on it, back in the day they were no stainless photo etch.. first it was gray then yellow then black and orange then seaside blue and now it some color Honda green i got from my friend David Mars while i was up in Dallas..thanks David .., and let me say plastic gets brittle over time and all the soaking to remove the paint..lol..i re-built the log trailer (scratched built) as i never was happy with the first one..the truck was all ready plumbed (back then i could see lol) ..trailer is also plumbed (took a while lol) ..i also added Louisiana Commercial License plates to truck and trailer and topped that off with a DOT Inspection sticker ..Tim Bogema supplied the western stay decals..(thanks Tim) All in All its finished..i could have did more but its a shelf model..

DSC02863%20-%20Copy.jpg

DSC02864%20-%20Copy.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02869.jpg

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02875.jpgDSC02876.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02877.jpg[/URL

DSC02883.jpg

DSC02882.jpg

• Like 2

Very cool.  Looks like a real working truck.  What did you paint the tanks with?  They look like real aluminum tanks!