Sign in to follow this  
trucker

67 Freightliner

my version of my dads truck when he was an owner op in the 70's .

this is my favorite model and has a special place in my heart as I learned to drive on it .

built from the parts box 25 years ago just before I stopped building trucks .

back then this was the build I had always wanted to do .

RIMG0003_zpsflbdxhqv.jpg

RIMG0006_zpsq8ygws9d.jpg

RIMG0011_zps6rfvqifl.jpg

thanks casey !   I started with a junked amt cab that I cut down for the small sleeper version as my dad had.

the exhaust and breather were set into the cab as on the real truck. after I had the cab where I wanted it

I used the frame and suspension from a amt diamond reo kit . I found  aluminum rear two hole bud wheels at a hobby shop .

the 318 Detroit came from the parts box. for the front steer I used a monogram snap pete unit . the detail parts I made or got from the parts bin.

the paint is a custom mix I made for the green that I airbrushed on and the silver is testors spray can . I used a pearl clearcoat on the silver.

at the time I was my most ambitious project as I had never cut up a cab before. it took about two years to complete.

thanks for the kind words guys !  freightliners are also my favorite !

I have a few more in progress I will be posting soon .

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, trucker said:

thanks casey !   I started with a junked amt cab that I cut down for the small sleeper version as my dad had.

the exhaust and breather were set into the cab as on the real truck. after I had the cab where I wanted it

I used the frame and suspension from a amt diamond reo kit . I found  aluminum rear two hole bud wheels at a hobby shop .

the 318 Detroit came from the parts box. for the front steer I used a monogram snap pete unit . the detail parts I made or got from the parts bin.

the paint is a custom mix I made for the green that I airbrushed on and the silver is testors spray can . I used a pearl clearcoat on the silver.

at the time I was my most ambitious project as I had never cut up a cab before. it took about two years to complete.

Wow!  A lot of work and it turned out fantastic.

As a kid my neighbor had one and hauled grain...It looked  just like this one very similar in color ,Nice build 

That is a beautiful build and the paint is great, I saw those all the time when I first went OTR. Golden age of trucking IMO.  Paul