Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

1975 Diamond Reo Raider

Basic buildup of the AMT kit with an old AITM hood and bumper. Wheels from the White Frieghliner Dual Drive were used, along with smoke stacks from a snap KW. Door handles were updated to the pushbutton type by using handles from a Revell '64 Chevy pickup. Paint is Chrysler Intense Blue Pearl was used for paint. The decals (the driver's side door graphic silvered on me >:() came from the original 1999 issue of the Revell '41 Chevy pickup.

All in all, pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

002_zpskqictve7.jpg

003_zpscmroq4jq.jpg

004_zpseddfxr8s.jpg

005_zps7l2ahnr8.jpg

Looks great!  I like that you chose to paint the cab and frame the same color.  Nice and clean as always.

Thanks guys!

Recently ordered the visor from Models By Dave. Yesterday I hosed it off in some paint and slapped it on. 006.JPG

Did a few updates yesterday, after the model was damaged a few months ago. I added some bumper bolts, and cut in come fog lights. I also added a spot light and did quite a bit of re-foiling... I still need to do some more touch up there, like on the driver's side headlight bezel. I also added some thin vertical bars to the grille, eventually I might make up the diamonds to go down the center of the grille. 

100_0555.thumb.JPG.fcd22f2fe41632d02f944a914a4147a4.thumb.JPG.be361233139f5c174e784a61d30bdf0d.JPG