Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

Loadcraft Lowboy

This was just a simple, box-stock, weekend buildup of the Esci boxing of the good old AMT kit. An entire can of Krylon Sun Yellow was used on the trailer, along with Tamiya Buff and flat black, and some hardware store silver. This is easily the worst-fitting kit I've ever built to date, but I hung in there and got it done.

I still need to add the tie-down hooks on the sides- I may make some that actually swivel. If not, the kit parts stand at the ready. 

The plan was always for the two WWSs to be paired up like this- the restored custom version pulling the shabby one on the flatbed. So... scratch that one of the ol' to-do list. 

002_zpsoabsczom.jpg

003_zps5ez1xfml.jpg

004_zps7p0q6ps9.jpg

005_zpsih8w3ut3.jpg

4 hours ago, Anthony Oteri said:

It looks pretty darn good with all of them. Maybe you need to build a few more....xD Seriously, the Raider needs a dump trailer, or 2

Agreed- and that is indeed the eventual plan for the Raider. The Road Boss is going to end up with a lowboy as well- I might scratch or kitbash a detachable neck unit for that one. I'm thinking the 4300 will end up with an old Fruehauf van. 

15 hours ago, Cornbinder said:

The White will eventually get it's own lowboy, painted to match, with a used John Deere backhoe strapped to it. 

Sweet.  Can't wait to see it.