Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

Delayed Gratification

Well, I was going to order a couple of cab conversion kits from AITM. But I guess that's on hold until next payday now. xD 23 years of exposure to the elements and metal fatigue and the left front leaf spring mount on my F-250 decided to file for (and receive) a divorce from it's lower half.

008_zps1irp8wxt.jpg

Hard to see in the pic, but the eye of the leaf spring is touching up against the fuel tank filler tube. So tomorrow after work it's getting lugged off to Midas, because even though it'll cost me quite a bit more to have them do it (the mount itself is only about 40 bucks), they can do in a few hours what would take me all weekend. 

So... the Ford F600, IH Fleetstar, and GMC 9500 long hood are on hold for the time being. I suppose that means I have a bit more time to worry about the current projects I already have without having to worry about any new distractions. xD

Could have been a lot worse. It's still at the shop, but if it were still at my place it would mean I'd be attempting the repair in this muggy, rainy weather. 

My kids 2001 did that last summer except it was a rear mount, went through the bed floor!!! Yikes!! Fun changing it too, had to torch it out...