Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

Why I haven't been as active here as I'd like.

As a mod, I do stop in every day to check in on things, but I'll admit that I'm not posting as much as I could. Main reason? Well, let's just say I've run into some small foreign objects...

005_zpspuvp5vrk.jpg

Three BMC Minis- the 1:24 Tamiya Morris on the left, a 1:43 Airfix Austin center, and another Tamiya Morris to the right. The Austin is tiny... about the size of the Spicer transmission in the AMT White Big 4 kits. The Tamiya kits will almost fit under the hood of an Ertl Transtar Eagle 4300!

And... just got these not too long ago.

001_zpsvrdxalrc.jpg

I guess after 2015 being such a big year for heavy commercial modeling for me, it seems natural I'm going back to smaller subjects, lol!

• Like 1

Yeah- seems like a lot of modelers- particularly US modelers, are all about muscle cars or '50's stuff. And I have absolutely no problem with that. I've built my fair share of both. But these microcars are kind of like heavy truck models in the respect that they aren't something you see all the time at model contests and shows. I think that's one of the reasons I gravitate toward them. And a lot of them are unusual. I can go to any car show and see as many '69 Camaros as I want... but I have yet to see an Abarth 695 or a 2CV at any of the shows I've been to. 

For me, the only real problem with trucks is that I don't want to mess around with parts for little ones when I spend all day making parts for big ones. xD

One of the parts I make at work are the rear engine mounts for Navistar. Let me tell you... Moebius got them totally wrong. xD xD

Bought a "beater" car for winter, and it turns out to be the most fun car I've ever owned. So the last few days I've just been hooning around all over the county and not really doing much at the workbench. xD

Don't worry though- I'd like to at least get the 359 somewhat close to complete this winter. 

103_1471.JPG

Oddly enough, I picked up a beater as well, a 2002 GMC Sierra 4x4 z71 with 280K on it.  Replaced the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil pump, rear trans seal and one of the front differential seals.  I'm Happy to report that it is leak free and running like a top.  Otherwise, a couple of college classes, honey-do's and work have kept me away from the bench and the site. Hopefully, I'm back for a bit.

--Casey  

Other than replacing the broken glovebox handle and addressing the legendary Impreza driver's side seat belt squeak, I haven't really done much with it as far as mechanical work. It's about due for an oil and filter change- hopefully I'll get around to that before the snow flies.