Sign in to follow this  
ultraliner9

Hi Everybody,

I have only just discovered this site. After going through some of the articles you have here I decided to join.

I live down here in Masterton New Zealand and have been building model trucks since 1978.

Last time I counted I had around 70 built. I know that is nothing compared with other modelers out there but I'm not a fast builder. I gave up counting how many are yet to be built

I mainly build American trucks but I do have some Europeans in the fleet also.

Some of my last few builds I have made the jump and started building after market kits. I thought I knew a lot about building. Well the resin cabs bought me back down to earth with a crash and I felt I was learning over again.

I hopefully have up loaded a photo of the first resin cab kit I ever built.

The MACK Cruiseliner cab came from Australia and the rest of the kit is the AMT Cruiseliner. I have converted the Cruiseliner over to RHD and added Spyder wheels as we call them. I have exchanged the MACK engine for the Detriot Diesel 8V92 the bull bar came from the MACK Superliner kit and after several days of cursing and swearing the Bull bar does tilt.

I realize the trailer is not completed but I have used it just for show.

Thank you for allowing me to join this group and I hope I can upload more of my fleet as time goes by.

John Wilson

Masterton

New Zealand

Back up of current photo's 100.jpg

Hello guys

after being away from the hobby for almost 35+ years I got back into it as a kind of stress reliever about two years ago. I have been playing around with a couple of car kits to get back in the swing of thinks and late last year I started a truck rebuild. I was given an old model truck that had seen better days. I took it all apart and then stripped it I have lengthened the frame and added a third drive axle, scratch built a headache panel and played with some weathering. I am now making a flatbed for it and maybe adding a crane. This truck has kind of taken on a life of its own.

i am located in the great white north Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada. 

Welcome to the site guys.  If you have any suggestions to improve the place, please let me know.